Data Protection Privacy Statement
Residential Management Group Limited ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Residential Management Group Limited of RMG House, Essex Road, Hoddesdon, Hertfordshire, EN11 0DR.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on any RMG affiliated website or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, and / or when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address, phone number, financial and payment card information.
- Information we collect about you. A CCTV system may monitor parts of the building or estate within which you own a property for up to 24 hours a day. This data is recorded.
With regard to each of your visits to our sites we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our websites (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services) and may receive information about you from them.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from our appointment as managing agent of the block/estate within which you own a freehold or leasehold property and to provide you with the information, products and services relating to that property that you request from us;
- to ensure that content from our websites is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from our appointment as managing agent of the block/estate within which you own a freehold or leasehold property
- to administer our websites and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our websites to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our websites safe and secure;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our websites about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- to alert you to any changes to our services or our websites.
- Information we receive from other sources.
- We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Residential Management Group Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers and the affairs of its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- In the event that we are instructed to transfer the management of the estate/block within which your property is located to another managing agent, we may disclose your personal data to the new managing agent.
- Where we engage third parties in relation to the data uses outlined elsewhere in this policy.
- In relation to claims for arrears of service/rent charge and/or forfeiture proceedings (including claims brought jointly with other parties).
- When reporting to our client or clients on any/all matters relating to the performance of our obligations arising from our appointment as managing agent of the block/estate within which you own a freehold or leasehold property.
- When reporting to our client or clients on any matters that affect the block/estate within which you own a freehold or leasehold property.
Where we store your personal data
All information, save for credit/debit card payment information, that you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our websites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our websites; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access.
We will inform you if we intend to use your data for marketing purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party. You can exercise your right, at this time, to prevent such purposes. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our websites may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.